I Won’t Be Here Tuesday Morning

robbie picture

We have to take Robbie to a vet at the other end of New Jersey on Tuesday morning for radioactive iodine treatment of her hyperthyroid problem, and we have to be there at 8:45 a.m. She will frantically hate the trip.

But everybody says this treatment is practically guaranteed to work, and she’ll have to stay there for three days while she’s “hot.” Afterward she won’t need any more thyroid medicine.

It will feel very strange to us, to have no cat in our home.

I’ll try to do some blogging as soon as we get back from this long haul on the Garden State Parkway, aka “Kamikaze Road.” Please pray for our safety!

5 comments on “I Won’t Be Here Tuesday Morning

  1. Sometimes, it seems drastic action is necessary, and a beloved cat’s healing is worth it. Will be praying for your safety and success in the endeavor.

  2. Poor Robbie. Poor Lee and Patty. We’ll be praying for all three of you.

    We never know, after our cats have had to stay at a vet’s without us for a day or more, whether they’ll snub us or cling to us when they get home. I hope Robbie decides on the clinging option. The snubbing option can break our hearts.

    1. This poor cat has had more medical problems than you can shake a stick at. But she’s like a Timex watch, she keeps on ticking. Please, Lord Jesus, protect her–and us.

    1. I really don’t know how much time the trip will take, but I’ll do my best to get back to everybody as soon as I can.

Leave a Reply