If You Defund The Universities, They’ll Behave

A ventriloquist dummy Stock Photo - Alamy

You say exactly what we want you to say–you’re hired!

The English Dept. at the University of Houston Downtown has removed an “anti-racism statement” that it had required all faculty and staff to sign onto, expressing their heartfelt (LOL) support for Far Left Crazy (https://campusreform.org/article?id=21579).

Why did they back down?

Well, Gov. Greg Abbot’s office got involved and it was suggested that there might not be any more state aid for neo-Stalinist stupid factories. And that, as they say, was that.

Man, oh, man! If you’re looking to invest in stocks, run out and buy Compelled Speech–because it’s taking off like a rocket, all over the country. “We’ve told you what you can’t say. Now we’ll tell you what you must say!” And they start with having their hirees confess that they are “all [Yes–A-L-L] complicit in systems of oppression” blah-blah-blah. You had to sign it or you couldn’t have a job.

Why have we let our “educators” treat us with such contempt? But the solution to this problem is staring us right in the face: Take away the money. Here, just the threat of cutting off state aid got the commies to climb down.

I suspect we can get by very nicely with only 10% of the “higher education” that we have now. The remaining 90% can be thrown out with the tuna that went bad.

5 comments on “If You Defund The Universities, They’ll Behave

  1. The major research university where I taught (okay, okay, so it was Ohio State) now requires all faculty job applicants to submit a DEI statement. Ironically, I can remember when I was first hired, all new faculty had to take a loyalty oath, and there was so much outrage about it among faculty and staff that it was eliminated a couple of years after I was there. Now they’ve demanded that a loyalty oath be reinstated — but against our Nation instead of for it.

    As for me, I took one look at the oath, put it aside, raised my right hand, and recited it from memory. It was the exact same oath I’d taken when I was commissioned as an Air Force officer, and almost exactly the one I’d administered to countless airmen when they reenlisted. “I, [state name] do solemnly swear to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies foreign and domestic, and to bear true faith and allegiance to the same. And I take this oath without mental reservation or purpose of evasion, so help me God.” The only difference (aside from the airman’s oath also including “and to obey the orders of the officers appointed above me”) was that the Constitution of the State of Ohio was added to the phrase about the USA Constitution.

    Anyway, I’d find it amusing if it weren’t so sad that the leftists who objected to loyalty oaths back then are all in favor of them now — but loyalty to division and chaos rather than unity and honor.

    1. Don’t forget these job applicants, for the most part, have just come up through similar universities’ graduate programs, so they’re probably pre-brainwashed. And senior faculty are probably changing jobs because they WANT to be part of the leftist milieu. Besides, what would applicants sue about? Employers have a right to decide what kinds of employees they want and what kind of focus their programs should have, as long as they don’t fall afoul of the civil rights laws — which don’t include points of view as protected categories.

    2. At least the public universities could be dealt with–if the state had the guts to do it. They really do need to be deprived on their money. Which is, of course, OUR money–public funds.

Leave a Reply