They’re popping their buttons over this one.
“The possibility of being able to live FOREVER just became one step closer as scientists proved that they can revive cryogenically frozen life,” The Express exults today (http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/836072/cryogenic-freezing-live-forever-eternal-life).
After 60 years of trying unsuccessfully, “experts” have revived frozen zebra fish embryos. Well, 10 percent of them, at any rate. The other 90 percent, not so good. And they say the little fish are doing fine. If you’re in the market for immortal zebra fish, it’s time to do a cartwheel.
Here we go again–once we get all the bugs worked out, we shall surely be as gods. Just like Satan promised in the Garden.
And we can also use this technology to put astronauts in suspended animation for long space voyages. Failing that, we can always send zebra fish to other planets. I had a zebra fish once: nice little fellow. But I doubt he would’ve found Mars to his liking.
The complicated high-tech process they’re using for this, with lasers and nanotech, etc., sounds like it’d be very expensive. So probably they won’t have the money to make everyone immortal. Guess who’s going to be first in line. Hint: It won’t be you.
At the risk of sounding old-fashioned, I was under the impression that I’m already signed up for eternal life, by means of the power and grace of God and faith in Jesus Christ. I like my old plan and want to keep it. Unlike other plans–for health care, say–the government can’t take it from me. Although there are those who’d certainly try to do so.
Would you really, truly, want to be cryogenically frozen and then brought back to life 70 years from now, as a stranger in an exceedingly strange land?
I already have my salvation, thank you. Jesus Christ obtained it for me, two thousand years ago.